What's the Current Situation?
Due to the current record number of consent applications, we are unable to meet the 20 day working day statutory timeframe
Average Wait Times
Processing: The current average wait time for a Building Consent is 35 working days from lodgement
Inspections: Inspection wait times are as follows:
- South of the Ashburton River: 12 working days
- North of the Ashburton River (including Ashburton Town & Methven): 10 working days
Please note - due to recent weather and road conditions, some high country inspections may not be able to be carried out, please get in touch with us to find out if we can get there if you think your job may fall into this category
What does this mean for me?
- Please stay patient and plan ahead
- Your application may go over the 20 working day processing timeframe
- Please be assured that we will get to your consent - contacting us to check on the current status of your application takes us away from processing it
- Alternatively, you can create a user account and log into our online portal via our website to check the status
- You may need to allow more time than normal to complete your build as the workload flows through to inspections
- Please be ready for your inspection, if the site is not ready, we will still charge an inspection fee. A reminder that you need to cancel before 3pm the day prior to avoid still being charged
Inspections can be booked online via our portal, this can be found here