Why Work for the Ashburton District Council?
We value and acknowledge the skills, experience and effort our team contributes to our community. We attract and retain the right people by providing challenging positions, opportunities to progress within the organisation, and a range of benefits suited to a public service organisation. These include:
- Market related salaries with annual reviews
- Training and career development to help our employees achieve their career goals and to perform to their full ability
- Additional annual leave, earned through length of service or by purchase
- Professional memberships
- Health benefits including discounted health insurance, free flu vaccinations, an employee assistance programme, subsidised eye care, and annual skin checks.
- Commitment to workplace health and safety
- Assistance with relocation costs and accommodation upon arrival
- Free on-site car parking
- Social club providing a range of activities throughout the year
- Corporate team activities including social cricket, netball, golf, tennis, softball, pickleball, and futsal
- Participation in Wellbeing Week activities (two weeks per year), Corporate Challenge 5km Walk/Run, annual Family Day and Christmas function.
- Workplace Mental Health and Families Without Violence initiatives, providing a point of contact to staff for guidance and support.
- Access to All of Government discounts and deals with various companies.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Service Recognition at the 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30,+ every 5 years thereafter, with a range of rewards.
- Uniform for frontline staff.
- Communication and Connection, with fortnightly Employee Newsletter, CE Videos, Workplace team sites, Intranet, Monthly Manager Group Meetings.
View our current vacancies or register to receive email alerts for new vacancies.
About Mid Canterbury
Mid Canterbury is one of the great secrets of New Zealand, with an inspiring range of both energetic and relaxing activities.