Alfreso Dining Accordians
The changes we are proposing to the policy include:
- Introducing a tiered policy, allowing for different requirements within different areas of the district. This means that businesses that do not currently hold a Licence to Occupy may be required to have one to use the footpath for outdoor dining.
- Updates to the section about smoking in alfresco areas.
- A new section outlining the ownership of structures and footpaths, and whose responsibility it is to remove a structure (if required).
- New clauses reflecting the law regarding alcohol licences for alfresco dining areas.
- A new clause clarifying that a building consent or exemption is required for certain works such as wind/safety barriers.
- A new section outlining the right to request a review of a decision.
- Updated wording regarding the use of car parks.
- Increased clarity on which decisions are made by Council and which are made by council officers.
- Updated requirements regarding a wind/safety barrier (including the length of the barrier).
- A reference to fees and charges.
- A new clause stating that Council may prescribe conditions to a Licence to Occupy.
For more detail on these proposed changes, please view the consultation document.