Drinking Water projects
Methven/Springfield and Montalto water supply upgrades
The Methven/Springfield water treatment plant
Mayfield water conservation project
After a series of years with below-average rainfall, the Mayfield bore level is very low. In response Council is engaged in a focused project to maximise the efficiency of the water use on the scheme. This includes:
- A pilot installation of smart water meters. These help us spot leaks more quickly so they can be fixed more quickly. By comparing how much water comes from the treatment plant with how much water properties are using, they also let us see whether there are leaks on the public mains.
- A leak detection survey of the water mains, and repairs of any leaks found.
- Pressure management and monitoring to reduce the effect of leaks.
- Procurement of a mobile water treatment plant, housed in a shipping container, that can be used to provide an alternative supply if required.
Water main replacements
Ashburton Relief Sewer upgrade
Wilkins Road bypass sewer
To help with congestion in Grove Street, especially in very wet weather, a new pipeline will be constructed in Wilkins Road to divert some of the flow away. It will rejoin with the existing pipe to the treatment plant at Grove Farm Road.
Sewer main replacements
- Havelock Street from 306-354 Havelock Street
Mill Creek bank stabilisation