Coronavirus: What impact is it having locally?
This rolling blog provides information on how efforts to stop the spread of Coronavirus are impacting on Ashburton District Council services, facilities and community events. See below for updates.
Ashburton District Council Facilities
Ashburton District Council ServiesInspections
We are unable to carry out inspections while in stage 4 lockdown. We will advise when bookings for inspections are being taken once again. We will update this information when it's available.Building Consents
We are unable to lodge hard copy building consents while in stage 4 lockdown. Hard copy building consents will be lodged following the completion of the lockdown period.Meetings
Please note that due to the Government response to COVID-19, all upcoming Council, committee and Methven Community Board meetings are cancelled until further notice.
All public camping grounds are closed until further notice, due to COVID-19 elevated alert level
Our drinking, storm, stock and waste water services are being delivered as normal.
Rubbish and recycling:
We will continue to pick up your red rubbish bin and yellow recycling bin from the kerbside as per your normal collection days. We are working through the potential to have limited opening hours for the Resource Recovery Park and will give further advice as soon as we can.
Rural recycling drop-off sites will remain open.
Unfortunately, glass recycling is suspended until further notice. We ask that you store your empties at home in the meantime. We will let you know when this changes.
Regulatory services such as building and resource consents remain operational.
Council NewsRates increase reduced and penalty fees waived to ease pressure on residents through COVID-19 pandemic
- 9 April 2020
Essential businesses allowed to trade over Easter
- Wednesday 8 April, 2020All rubbish and recycling being collected during lockdown, but being treated as rubbish
- Friday 3 April, 2020New helpline available for residents in need during COVID-19 lockdown
- Friday 3 April, 2020
Digital memberships and virtual children's programmes on offer at the Ashburton Library
- Friday 3 April, 2020
Glass, recycling and rubbish all being picked up from the kerb, but only inside the wheelie bins
- Wednesday 1 April, 2020Jobseekers now able to find essential work through Ashburton App
- Wednesday 1 April, 2020
Keep your dog leashed - they're a part of your bubble too
- Wednesday 1 April, 2020Wet wipes and cooking oils creating mess for maintenance teams
- Monday 30 March, 2020
Council solid waste and recycling services during COVID19 Level 4 lockdown
- Wednesday 25 March, 2020Statement from Chief Executive Hamish Riach - Council services during Level Four Alert
- Statement from Mayor Neil Brown on the COVID-19 pandemic
- Tuesday 24 March, 2020Our services to you during these unprecedented times
- Thursday 26 March, 2020
Upcoming road closures and events cancelled
- Monday 23 March, 2020
Media Release: Further guidance on essential services provided - Tuesday 24 March, 2020