Applications for Youth Leaders are now open
Youth Leaders Wanted
Want to make an impact in your community?
Passionate about youth voices being heard?
- You will have an active role in delivering youth-focused events and activities to the local community.
- You will increase awareness of youth issues, service, facilities and the Ashburton Youth Council.
- We will support you through mentoring, training and skill development.
- Provide a forum and engage young people in Ashburton District Council’s decision-making processes
- Increase the Council’s understanding of young people’s perspectives and needs
Eligibility and selection criteria
- Aged between 12 and 24 years
- Living in the Ashburton District
- Passionate about youth voices being heard
- Available for monthly meetings, held on the first Wednesday of every month from 4.00pm to 6.00pm
- Can commit to approximately two to five volunteer hours per month
- Nominated by a current Mayor, Councillor, Methven Community Board members, Rakaia Community Association member, Member of Parliament
- Applications must include a letter of support from the nominator
- Applications must include a copy of your current C.V.
- Bite Nite 4.0
- Mental Health Awareness Week
Read the full 2020 prospectus
Read the strategic plan
Download and complete the application form
Interested in becoming a mentor – download the prospectus
What's been happening?
The Ashburton Youth Council currently meet on the first Wednesday of each month. To get in touch, email email@example.com