Several streets in the Methven CBD will be closed on 26 March next year for the Methven Mountain Thunder Motorcycle Street Race.
The annual community event is run by the Methven Lions Club and attracts a large number of spectators.
The following streets will be closed to ordinary traffic from 6.00am to 6.00pm on 26 March 2016:
- Methven Chertsey Road, from Main Street to Mackie Street
- Mackie Street, from Methven Chertsey Road to Barkers Road
- Barkers Street, from Main Street to Hall Street
- Hall Street, from Barkers Road to Main Street
- State Highway 77 (Main Street), from Lampard Street to Bank Street
- Kilworth Street, from Main Street to Mackie Street
- Forest Drive, from McMillan Street to Main Street