Residents and business owners have until Tuesday 9 September to have their say on the future of their rubbish and recycling collection service.
With only a few days left before submissions close, Council has received around 500 submissions on the proposal.
Council's Group Manager Service Delivery Neil McCann says "We have had a steady stream of responses coming in for the past few weeks but we had hoped to receive a response similar to our survey earlier this year, which was close to 2,000,
"This is the part of the consultation process when people can put forward comments and ideas, as well as indicate their preference of the three potential options,
"We hope to see a lot more submissions come in before the deadline," says Mr McCann.
The consultation document was delivered to all households in the district on Thursday 21 August.
"Whether they support Council's preferred rubbish and recycling option or they want another one, it is important that we hear from people. This is their chance to let Council know what they think and would like to see happen in the future," he says.
"We encourage people to take the time to look at the options, consider which option they think will work best for them, the community and the environment and put their submission forward," says Mr McCann.
After submissions close, hearings are scheduled to be held on 7 and 8 October. A report will then be presented to Council to formally adopt a preferred option as the method of service delivery on 30 October.
Any changes to the system that are decided on will take effect in July 2015.