Apply to participate in the Public Forum
Public Forum Guidelines
Apply to Present a Deputation
To address a meeting through a deputation you must apply through the committee secretary at least 2 working days prior to the meeting.
You will need to provide the name and contact details of the contact person for the deputation and a written summary of the topic to be raised.
To apply to present a deputation please email Council or phone (03) 307 7700.
You will be advised as soon as possible whether your request has been granted and provided with information about making your presentation.
- Requests to make a deputation must be approved by the Chief Executive and the Mayor or Chairman of the meeting
- Applications which are repetitious or offensive will be refused. The Mayor or Chairman may terminate a speaker in progress where the subject matter is disrespectful or offensive
- Up to ten minutes speaking time will available to each speaker or group
- Unless approved otherwise by the Council or committee, not more than 2 members of the deputation may address the meeting
- Deputations should not include criticism of individual Council members or individual staff members
- Deputations are for people to speak to the Council about matters of interest to them. It is not intended that presenters should question Council members on these occasions. However, Council members may ask questions of presenters to clarify their statements.