Please note this document does not automatically save when you are working on it. We recommend you save your answers to a word document to ensure you don’t lose them while you are working on your application. You can select your text save to a word document to work offline if needed, then copy back to form.
Please read this information prior to completing your application:
The purpose of the Ashburton District Council Trail Maintenance Fund is to assist projects that maintain and/or enhance Cycle ways in the Ashburton Distract
All Community Projects must meet the following criteria:
* Be located in the Ashburton District.
* Be publicly available to the community.
* Be organised by a non-profit organisation.
Council will consider the following:
* The contribution that the project will make to the community.
* The proposed number of people who will benefit from the project.
* Accessibility of the project to the general public.
* The community contribution to the project (including volunteers, in-kind work or materials and financial support).
* Other sources of funding potentially available to the applicant.
* Any previous assistance provided by Council.
The maximum individual grant available is $5,000 from a yearly pool of up to $10,000
All grants must comply with Council’s Community Grants and Financial Assistance Policy.
Applicants must be:
* From a non-profit organisation / group.
* Based in the Ashburton District.
* Applications from a national organisation must be made from the local branch of that organisation.
* Individuals, schools and service groups (whose primary purpose is to raise funds in the community) are ineligible.
* Applicants must have a health and safety plan for the stated project.
* Applications will only be accepted on the completed Ashburton District Council Trail Maintenance Fund form.
* Incomplete applications that do not provide all of the requested information will be excluded from funding assessment.
The following projects are ineligible for the Ashburton District Council Trail Maintenance Fund:
* Retrospective works.
*Any project that is not for walking, hiking or mountain biking
* Salaries or wages.
* Any form of insurance.
* Operating costs (including power, water, phones, ticketing, IT charges).
*Road ways that have public or private vehicle movements other than emergency access.
*Walking, hiking, cycling and mountain bike trails that are not free for public use.
*Walking, hiking, cycling and mountain bike trails outside of the Ashburton District.
Successful applicants must complete and return an accountability form on the completion of the project, and within the financial year which funds were granted.
Receipts are required for all expenditure.
Organisations that do not return a completed accountability form will not be eligible for future Council grant funding.
The final funding decisions are made at the discretion of Ashburton District Council. Successful applicants’ project details may be used for publicity purposes.
The Ashburton District Council Trail Maintenance Fund is available through a single contestable process held in March of each financial year.
Click here to download the budget document.
The following must be read and accepted by the Primary Contact Person listed.
I/We hereby declare that the information supplied here on behalf of myself /our organisation, to the best of my/our knowledge, is true and correct and that I/we have the authority to make this application on behalf of our group (if applicable).
I/We hereby declare that we have a Health and Safety Plan in place for the project / programme.
I/We consent to Ashburton District Council collecting the personal contact details provided above, retaining and using these details for the purpose of review of the Community Grant. I/We acknowledge my/our right to have access to this information. This consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
I/We understand that my/our project details may be used for promotion of the Community Grant and that I/we will be contacted if Ashburton District Council wishes to use these.
I/We understand that the funds received as a result of this application may only be used for the purpose in which they were granted and that a report form with supporting invoices must be submitted to Ashburton District Council on completion of the project / programme.
You must click "SUBMIT" below for your application to be submitted.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 31 March, 2023