Ashburton District's Plan for the next 10 years
Council produces a Long Term Plan (LTP) every three years, detailing the long-term goals for Council to work towards.
The plan lays out what Council will do over the coming 10 years and how this will be funded; the first three years are shown in detail and the following seven years are based on the best information available at the time.
The Long Term Plan includes the following:
- Strategic direction – considers the key issues facing our district and Council's strategic visions for the coming 10 years, including community outcomes
- Financial strategy – assesses the district's current situation, considers Council's other priorities over the coming 10 years and the impact of its work programmes and expenditure. It provides direction and context for decision-making in the allocation, management and use of Ashburton District Council's financial resources.
- Upcoming projects – details the major projects Council will undertake over the next 10 years.
- Council activities – gives an overview of all of Council's activities, structured into 12 activity groups. This section explains what Council intends to do and why we do it and also includes work programmes and budgets for the next 10 years.
- Fees and charges 2015/16 – includes a schedule of Council's fees and charges for the 2015/16 year.
- Key Council policies – contains key Council policies that guide Council's decision-making processes, including who pays for which activities.
- Infrastructure strategy – identifies significant infrastructure issues and outlines options for managing them over the next 30 years.
Ashburton District Council adopted its Long Term Plan 2015 - 25 on 30 June 2015.
What you told us
The views of the community are important in preparing the Long Term Plan 2015 – 25.
Council sought community views on its draft Long Term Plan for a four week consultation from 10 April to 11 May 2015
Council received 356 submissions on the Long Term Plan. There were a number of changes made to the Long Term Plan based on submissions, some major and some minor. The decisions made were not easy, and many submitters highlighted to Council the difference between wants and needs and the requirement to keep rates affordable.
Get a copy of the Long Term Plan
The Long Term Plan 2015 - 25 can be viewed in sections below.
If you require a printed copy of the Long Term Plan please contact our Customer Services team by email or
phone (03) 307 7700.