After receiving community feedback in May 2010, Council approved additional investigation work to be carried out. This additional work is now complete and now forms part of the public consultation.
This work included:
1. Roading and bridge locations, costing and impacts for the following:
- Chalmers Avenue to Grove Street
- Chalmers Avenue to east of Tinwald
- Melcombe Street
- Two bypass options – one in the rural area to the east of Tinwald and the other on the eastern boundary of the urban area
2. Possible impacts on Tinwald School
3. A social impact assessment
A community reference group was established in July 2010 to act as a sounding board for information relating to the second bridge and provide a means of direct stakeholder and community input into the project.
Results of Investigative Work
Route options as a result of research and community consultation
Social Impact Assessment Report
Additional Investigation Report